How has your team been doing since the last Ocapi process?
At this point, some teams might have seen many big or small improvements, while others have not.
There's no need to rush. The speed of change is different for each team.
From the second process of Ocapi, the steps from creating the questionnaire to outputting the report is the same as the first time of Ocapi. The discussions and follow-up meetings will be slightly different.
In the discussion with the report, you'll start by identifying the improvements since the last Ocapi, and then, you'll continue on with the same process as the first discussion - share each other's desirable state, look at the current condition of the team, and discuss the next step forward.
Let's first start the process by setting the date for the discussion.
For a Fruitful Discussion
- Try to set aside about two hours for the discussion.
- Anybody could be the facilitator. S/he will get a better understanding of the team's change effort by taking on this role. Select somebody who can take full advantage of this opportunity for him/herself and the team. Make sure you share this page with him/her.
- Meeting Room
- Choose a comfortable room that would encourage an open discussion. It is recommended to set the chairs in a circle with no table or with a round table. Try to avoid classroom-setting.
Follow the same steps as the first time. If you forgot how, go back to "Step 2: Output the Report," "2. Create a Questionnaire."
Once the report is ready, let's move forward to prepare for the discussion.
Download the ""Slides for Ongoing Discussion (Second time and then on).” Adjust the slides based on how you want to proceed the discussion.
This time, you'll start the discussion by identifying changes since the last meeting.
Points to Remember
- Reflect on the process since the last Ocapi assessment. Share what efforts you made, what learnings and insights there were, and small improvements each member saw in the team.
- Discuss each member's view on the current state of the team and the progress toward the desirable state.
- Discuss the next possible action to nurture small changes and steps the team can take to pursue the desirable state.
- When discussing action plans, keep the Core Theory of Success model in mind. Start from improving the Quality of Relationships, and gradually increase the number of efforts to improve the Quality of Collective Thinking and Actions, which eventually leads to improvement of the team's performance and Quality of Results.
Supplies and equipment for the discussion are the same as before.
Prepare the following supplies and equipment:
- Copies of the Ocapi report (for each participant)
- Sticky notes
- Projector and Monitor/screen to project the slides
- Guide for Discussion (one copy for the facilitator)
Go back to "STEP 3: Discuss the Report," if you would like to review the facilitation process.
* From the second round, there's no need for team members to fill out the Pre-Discussion Worksheet before the discussion.
Let's keep the habit of holding follow-up meetings. You can find the details in "STEP 4: Follow-up Meeting
It's important to continue holding discussions to celebrate small changes for at least 6 to 12 months (specifically, hold the discussion and the follow-up, and then repeat the Ocapi process three months after). It's important not to expect seeing immediate results or big changes right away.