Article 1 (Application of Terms)
Article 2 (Account and Password)
- The User shall set an e-mail address and a password for each account.
- The User is responsible for managing the e-mail address and password.
- The password should be a combination of 8 or more alphanumeric characters which cannot be easily guessed.
- Accounts shall not be assigned or loaned.
- In no event, shall Human Value be liable for or compensate for any damage resulting from unlawful use of the account by the User.
Article 3 (Prohibitions)
- In using the Service, the acts listed below shall be prohibited. Carrying out any of the following acts may lead to suspension of the Service for the User, deregistration of the User or suspension of use from all future Services.
- The User violates any provision hereof.
- The User does not use the Service for a certain period after registration of an account.
- The User accesses the Service in an abnormal manner rather through normal use of a web browser.
- The User places a burden on the system by issuing a large number of requests to this site.
- The User uses another person's account or password without permission of said person.
- The User commits acts such as unlawful access or cracking.
- The User commits any act in violation of the law.
- The User commits any act connected to a crime.
- The User infringes a copyright, patent right or other intellectual property rights.
- The User commits any act in violation of public morals and order.
- The User commits any act considered to be socially inappropriate.
- The User commits any act which is considered by Human Value to be inappropriate.
Article 4 (Protection of Information)
- Human Value will take the upmost care to protect information registered with the Service.
Article 5 (Responsibilities of the User)
- In the case of a problem between Users or between a User and a third party in connection with the Service, such a User shall be responsible for settling the problem at his or her cost, and Human Value will not assume any liability for such matters.
- The User shall bear full responsibility, and Human Value assumes no liability, for the information registered or disclosed by the User with respect to the Service.
Article 6 (Scope of Service)
- Ocapi services are provided to the extent of the application functions available on this site.
- Please note that questions not included in the application functions cannot be added or modified, no changes can be made to the summarizing method and comparisons of reports cannot be made.
- The User shall assume responsibility and exercise caution when sharing the URL of a Questionnaire Response page. The Questionnaire Response page will no longer be accessible when the questionnaire response deadline expires or when a report summarizing the response information is output.
- The User shall be responsible for the output of reports after the response period ends.
- The User shall assume responsibility and exercise caution when sharing the URL of a download page. The URL of a download page is valid for one week after the output of a report. After that, it will no longer be accessible. The URL generated when using the function for downloading a report that has already been output is valid for one day. This function can be used any number of times and a different URL will be generated each time.
- If there are a larger number of response data than the number of respondents set by the User, an additional charge shall be paid. If no additional charge is paid, a report will be produced for the number of respondents set in advance.
- In that case, the User may pay the additional charge so that a report for all respondents will be produced, or the User may delete responses manually to the number initially set so that a report for that number will be produced. If they have not been deleted manually, the responses will be included in the summary in date order with the earliest first.
- Human Value may revise questions or the contents of a report without prior notice.
- Once a report is output, the User cannot change the respondents whose responses will be summarized.
- Human Value may stop providing the Service should it choose to do so. Discontinuation of the Service, if applicable, will be announced on this site 30 days in advance.
Article 7 (Usage Fee)
- The usage fee is set according to the price list on this site.
- The usage fee is computed according to the number of respondents and attributes/groups set by the User and the User may start getting responses to the questionnaire upon payment by PayPal.
- The User shall be responsible for registering an account with PayPal and Human Value will not be involved in the registration at all.
- If the number of response data is less than the number of respondents set by the User, Human Value will not refund any money at all.
- If the number of respondents is less than that set by the User, free tickets corresponding to the unanswered number of respondents, will be issued. These free tickets are valid for six months, but the right to such free tickets cannot be assigned to a third party after they are added to an account. Human Value will not purchase free tickets or extend the expiry date.
- A receipt for the fee paid can be issued to Users who request one and provide a name for the receipt on this site.
- No receipt will be reissued by Human Value.
- No fee or other money paid by the User to Human Value for the Service will be refunded no matter what the reason.
Article 8 (Payment)
- The usage fee shall be paid on the Ocapi site using PayPal.
- The User shall register with PayPal himself or herself.
- No estimates or invoices for the usage fee are issued by Human Value.
- If a receipt for the usage fee is required, procedures for issue should be followed on the site. No receipt will be reissued by Human Value.
- No fee paid shall be refunded.
- If the User suffers any loss in relation to PayPal, Human Value shall in no way be liable for such a loss.
Article 9 (Revision of Fee)
- Human Value may revise the usage fee without approval of the User.
- Any revision of the usage fee will be announced by Human Value on this site.
Article 10 (Copyright)
- The copyright to contents and reports on this site shall not be posted, diverted, translated or reproduced in any book, media or on the Internet without Human Value’s permission. Also, it is prohibited to use the copyright for contents and reports on this site for the purpose of providing a service that is the same as or similar to the Service.
- Contents and reports used in a manner other than that outlined above shall be expressly marked with copyright.
- The Service provides various downloadable tools (including the guide for discussion, slides and other like materials). These may be used without payment subject to compliance with the above conditions.
Article 11 (Disclaimer)
- With respect to the provision of the Service, Human Value shall not assume any liability for a defect of the Service, suspension of the Service, deletion of information, change of information, termination of the Service or any damage which may be incurred by the User or a third party arising out of any of the aforesaid events, unless caused by willful intention.
- Human Value shall not be obligated to monitor the Service and shall not assume liability for any damage that might be incurred by the User or a third party arising out of the use of the Service, unless caused by willful intention.
- Human Value may disclose or delete the information of a User who has engaged in a prohibited act. In such a case, the User shall not be entitled to lodge an objection against measures taken by Human Value.
Article 12 (Failure)
- Human Value shall not assume any liability if the User cannot receive the expected responses to a questionnaire or cannot receive the report as expected.
- In the event that there is a system malfunction or system failure caused by Human Value that makes it impossible for the User to respond to or output the report or to reconstruct the entered data, etc., Human Value compensate such a User up to the amount of the fee paid.
Article 13 (Changes to the Terms and Contents of the Service)
- Changed Terms come into effect when posted on this site.
- Contents of the Service provided on this site may be changed, added or deleted without prior notice.
Article 14 (Governing Law)
- These Terms are subject to the laws of Japan.
Article 15 (Jurisdiction)
- Any dispute in connection with these Terms shall be submitted to the agreed exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Article 16 (Supplementary Provisions)
- These Terms will be established and come into force on November 6, 2013.
Article 17 (Language)
- Inquiries or any complaints for the service are received only in Japanese or English.
Indication according to the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions
- Business name | Human Value, Inc.
- Selling price | Refer to the website.
- Time of payment | Refer to the website.
- Address | Kawakita Memorial Bldg. 4F, 18 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0082, Japan
- Tel. | +81 3-5276-2888 (switchboard)
- E-mail | email@example.com
- Business hours | 10:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Friday, Tokyo time (exclusive of year-end, new-year and national holidays)
- Name of responsible person | Toshimitsu Kanekiyo